SolutionsService SupportConfiguration Management
In order to deliver high quality services, technology organisations need to eliminate change related risk and to increase the understanding of the existing deployed infrastructure assets and their configurations. Without accurate data on the current deployed infrastructure, technology organisations are unable to effectively manage the complexity inherent in most infrastructures.
In addition, the ever expanding and complex infrastructure needs to be kept up to date in terms of security patches and software updates. Without accurate data on those components that need to be updated and the level to which they are currently patched, this presents just one of many operational risks and challenges facing technology organisations.
Configuration Management helps to underpin all other operational processes and needs to interface effectively with business as usual operational processes.
Fusion’s Configuration Management offering covers a number of stages each of which help to deliver the goal of Configuration Management
These core areas are:
- Plan/Set Scope – setting the depth and breadth of the infrastructure and the components, and their attributes, that need to be captured, managed and controlled.
- Identify/Discover – ensuring that the information requirements for operational processes and the infrastructure are captured.
- Control – ensuring that all additions, amendments/changes and deletions to the required information are handled in an effective and controlled manner.
- Account and Report – ensuring that the required reports are deliverable.
- Manage Exceptions – Ensuring that, where unauthorised changes or additions to the required information are discovered, such exceptions are handled in an effective manner to avoid recurrence.
- Audit – ensuring that a programme of scheduled, operational and ad-hoc audits are performed.
Fusion’s experienced consultants work with key stakeholders to help drive the introduction of an efficient and effective configuration management process, to help deliver the requirements of those operational processes identified as being in scope.
Follow on Fusion services can include:
- Change Management – based upon ITIL® best practice;
- Service Monitoring and Control – based upon ITIL Capacity Management and Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) best practice;
- IT Service Continuity Management - based upon ITIL® best practice;
- Service Level Management – based upon ITIL® best practice;
- In ITIL® disciplines and practice; and
- BMC product training:
Contact us for more information on Configuration Management
If you would like to discuss how we can help your business to implement or improve Configuration management, please contact:
Daniel Swann at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 208 814 6162
For other ways to email or call, visit our contact us page.