SDE Product News
Tips and Advice
Fusion Support Centre’s product experts provide some technical tips and advise on getting the most out of your SDE Implementation
SDE: The database connection has been lost
"The database connection has been lost", message received after starting the Database Administrator tool on SDE 9.6.00
You will receive this error after you have stopped the SDE services, restarted the IIS services, and Com+ services to login to the SDE Database Administrator tool website.
This works as designed in this version (9.60) of SDE.
Your SDE (9.6.00) services have been setup to start "Automatically". Some of the SDE services are depending on the "World Wide Web Publishing" service, and will create a "Metadata Library" link in the "DBO.SMSYSPROCESS" table after the restart of the "IIS Admin service". Removing those entries from the "DBO.SMSYSPROCESS" table is not enough to login to the Database Administration tool of SDE.
- Modify all the SDE services in the Windows Service Manager to start "Manual"
- Restart "IIS Admin Service" and the "Com+ System Application service"
- Make sure all the SDE processes are stopped in the Windows Service manager
- Login to the SDE Database Administrator Tool
- You should not receive the error message any longer
Create a Work Order Generator in SDE - How to?
You may want to create a work order generator for items that need attention in succession such as a list of items that must be done when an employee leaves the company, e.g. reconfigure PC, remove email address, remove network login etc...
- Create a new custom incident form and save it, no customisationson the form are necessary.
- Create a new incident type (from List Management)
- Associate the new incident type with the custom incident form
- Click add under work order generator
- Name the new work order generator STAFFLEAVING_WOG
- Create the default work orders and assign them to default groups
If you don’t have a separate incident form for the work order generator, then it will execute whenever you create a default incident. Each new incident type requires its own separate incident form.
You will only see the work order generator under the actions list when an incident has been saved.
Once you save the incident go to Actions >> Work Order Generator. Select the Work Order Generator STAFFLEAVING_WOG. This will automatically create a set of work orders one for each task and assign to the relevant group.